We are looking to recruit an IT Apprentice. Working as part of a small team, providing first line technical support and installations for our internal colleagues. You will use our helpdesk system, telephone, email and face to face interactions to work with colleagues at every level within the business. You will be providing support to servers, desktops, laptops, printers and networks. It will provide a broad insight into the importance of providing secure, reliable and robust IT environment as well as offering the opportunity to gain a recognised qualification through attendance at the local college.
Day to day responsibilities will include (some only after progression and dependant on ability):
Taking first line support calls, logging colleague queries and taking messages for other members of the support team.
- Data entry to include the collation and updating of unit records
- Stock taking and auditing of support equipment
- Undertaking basic internal IT tasks such as the configuration, building and installation of desktop PC’s around the site.
- Assisting with internal IT backup process
- Assisting and supporting with basic internal IT troubleshooting
- Ad hoc tasks as requested by the support dept.
- First hand involvement in cataloguing and rectifying faults
- Assisting in projects aimed at upgrading the companies IT environment.
- At least 6 GCSE’s at grade A* - B (including Maths & English)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft systems
- Good knowledge of general computer/IT systems and networking
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good attention to detail and ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Works well as part of a team.
- Ability to think logically and solve problems
This is an entry level opportunity for the right person to be part of a successful and professional team operating in a world-class facility.
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements.
To apply for the above position please send a covering letter with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer.