We are looking to recruit a CNC Section Team Leader in our Model Manufacturing Centre (MMC). Reporting to the MMC Leader, the key duties will be to work as part of an integrated D&M team responsible for creating CNC manufacturing strategy and plan for parts; provide line management and leadership of the CNC team responsible for ensuring CNC capability meets current and future needs of the business; undertaking team leadership, CNC programming and operations.
Actively contribute in the manufacture of components, ensuring work is produced to time and budget within the job requirements and company standards, to enhance delivery in accordance with Project manufacturing schedules.
Essential Requirements and Knowledge
- A proficient and experienced team leader, able to actively manage staff issues and lead the team.
- Highly competent Powermill programmer and CNC machinist, able to manufacture (programme, set and operate) 3, 4 and 5 axis machined components.
- In-depth knowledge of ARA’s product (high precision scaled wind tunnel models)
- Fully conversant with Heidenhein controls.
- Experienced in the effective and efficient scheduling of components onto machines, with machining programmes available, to ensure project schedules are adhered to.
- Understand and have full working knowledge of all CNC machines to support manufacture (troubleshooting).
- Solid understanding (at least foundation level) of other MMC skills such as EDM wiring and plunge, turning, jig boring, grinding and model fitting/assembly.
- Has served a formal Engineering Apprenticeship
- A team player, confident and capable of mentoring and coaching less experienced CNC staff.
- Flexible and positive attitude, willing to go the extra mile to ensure that project manufacturing schedules are met or exceeded.
- Loyal, able to trust and directly support direct supervisors and line management.
- Attention to detail, in terms of quality of work produced and adherence to project schedules.
- Drive and commitment to improve own skills, and be receptive to new ideas and ways of working.
- Can-do attitude to overcoming technical problems as soon as they arise.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to be part of a successful and professional team operating in a world-class facility.
The position offers a competitive salary, shift and overtime premiums where appropriate, plus a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to join a successful and ambitious company.
To apply for this role please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com.
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer