ARA is a unique SME with a passionate workforce of engineering and aerodynamic professionals. We are a leading specialist in aerodynamic research providing complementary services and solutions to international aerospace and defence clients. Our clients include Saab, Bombardier, Boeing, Turkish Aerospace, Lockheed Martin, Airbus, Comac and BAE Systems.
We are seeking to recruit a talented and passionate SENIOR AERODYNAMICS ENGINEER into our Aerodynamics department. Reporting to a Team Leader within Aerodynamics, the successful candidate will be expected to lead and support a wide variety of commercial and research projects from inception to completion. This work encompasses all stages of preparation, wind-tunnel testing and or CFD application, aerodynamic analysis and reporting. This position will be focussed on supporting our experimental testing and any experience of commercial wind tunnel applications and advanced measurement techniques would be highly regarded.
The successful candidate would be working alongside a multi-disciplinary team of highly-skilled engineers to provide our customers with high quality aerodynamic data from a variety of equipment and techniques used across the company’s facilities such as ARA’s Transonic Wind Tunnel and High-Performance Computing cluster, among others.
(As this is a senior position, ARA are unfortunately unable to accept applications from recent graduates or those without the requisite work experience.)
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Provide proficient technical leadership and experienced support and guidance to the Project Team
- Deliver projects to the satisfaction of the customer to the required quality standards within time and cost constraints
- Deal with client requests as appropriate, participate in the preparation of technical bids and oversee aerodynamic, mechanical, computing and programme requirements for wind tunnel and other tests
- Take senior responsibility for data quality and timely provision of results and/or reports to a global client base.
- Conduct analysis and interpretation of aerodynamic datasets.
- Support other experimental and numerical tasks relevant to the business.
- Produce written technical reports to accompany analysis and development activities
- Be proactive in the on-going development of innovative processes and capability at ARA
Essential Skills and capabilities
- Have a passion for aircraft and aerospace
- Will hold a Masters (MEng/MSc) or equivalent level degree in an aerospace related discipline
- Will have 5 years minimum industrial or academic work experience
- Should have experience of wind tunnel testing
- Prior knowledge and experience of advanced testing techniques would be advantageous
- Demonstrable knowledge of Aerodynamics from a relevant field. Knowledge of transonic aerodynamics would be highly regarded.
- Ability and experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
- Willingness to engage with both internal and external parties.
- Ability to see projects through to completion.
- Exhibit confidence to question the status quo and to strive for improvement
If you think you are the person we are looking for, please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com detailing your current salary, your suitability for this role as well as confirming your nationality and your eligibility to work in the UK.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements – including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We recognize the value in an inclusive and diverse workforce and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified people.