ARA is a unique SME with a passionate workforce of engineering and aerodynamic professionals. We are a leading specialist in aerodynamic research providing complementary services and solutions to international aerospace and defence clients. Our clients include Saab, Bombardier, Boeing, Turkish Aerospace, Lockheed Martin, Airbus, Comac and BAE Systems.
We are looking to recruit 3 casual worker Security Officers to work as part of our friendly and professional team on a flexible ‘as and when required’ basis. Reporting to the Senior Security Officer, ideal candidates will have a good understanding of the industry and preferably have experience in a similar role.
As a casual worker, there are no normal hours of work, and assignments will be offered to you on an “as required” basis. However, the average hours of work for a full time Security Officer is 42 hours per week. This is carried out on a shift rota of either 36 hours or 48 hours. Possible overtime is available so the ideal candidate will be fully flexible throughout the week.
We are looking for individuals with excellent communication skills and with the drive to ensure the job is completed to the highest standards. Successful individuals will be confident team players with an eye for detail.
- To ensure total physical security of ARA premises.
- Controlling the access and egress of all staff, contractors and visitors.
- Gatehouse, reception and customer service duties.
- Internal and external site patrols.
- Respond to on site incidents and emergencies.
- Be proficient in the use of cameras, intruder alarm systems and access control systems.
- Maintain security of premises, making offices secure as necessary.
- Receive and check all incoming mail, in particular any suspicious packages.
- Operate the switchboard during normal office hours and out of normal business hours.
- Respond to all alarms.
- Contact Police, Fire, Ambulance in an emergency
- Ensure Fire Muster sheets are updated regularly.
- Monitor all parking situations.
- Hold and maintain a current First Aid Certificate and carry out First-Aid Duties as and when required.
- Provide cover for annual leave and other staff absences.
- Work weekends and Bank Holidays as part of normal casual working shift
Key skills / experience:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Willing to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships at all levels.
- Basic Computer Literacy
- Professional appearance
- Professional attitude
- Excellent public relations skills
- Previous experience working as a Security Officer would be preferable but not essential.
- The holding of a current First Aid at Work certificate would be preferable but training will be provided if required as this is a contractual condition of employment.
- Uniform will be provided.
If you think you are the person we are looking for, please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com detailing your current salary, your suitability for this role as well as confirming your eligibility to work in the UK.
Please note the successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements – including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We recognize the value in an inclusive and diverse workforce and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified people.