ARA is a unique SME with a passionate workforce of engineering and aerodynamic professionals. We are a leading specialist in aerodynamic research providing complementary services and solutions to international aerospace and defence clients. Our clients include Saab, Bombardier, Boeing, Turkish Aerospace, Lockheed Martin, Airbus, Comac and BAE Systems.
We are looking for an experienced HR professional to play an important role in reshaping and developing the HR function. The successful candidate will be expected to support the delivery of a robust HR service to the business – focusing on improving management capability and developing appropriate training and development practises.
This role reports to a permanent Acting HR Manager with additional support from an HR & Security Assistant.
Part time hours can be considered (minimum of 25 hrs per week on site).
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Partner with Acting HR Manager regarding change management, organisational strategy and execution that is aligned with business strategies.
- Provide ongoing guidance and coaching for Employee Relations, Performance Management, Training and Development , Contractual and policy development
- Design and facilitate programs and initiatives that help develop staff and managers at all levels.
- Provide ongoing guidance resolving employee relations issues in a consistent and empathetic manner.
- Keep-up-date knowledge of employment law requirements to ensure ARA remains compliant.
- As with any SME needs to be willing and flexible to undertake other related tasks as required by the business.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Established HR generalist with managerial experience including in a busy commercial SME organisation.
- Able to understand strategically and implement operationally. Ultimately, you will be confident in all things HR, a good communicator with the ability to influence and negotiate outcomes.
- Someone who is proactive and pragmatic with a good knowledge of UK employment law and how to apply it to real life situations. You will ideally have CIPD level 7 and/or equivalent experience in a senior HR role.
- Able to work with pace and remain calm and patient under pressure whilst working through complex and conflicting priorities.
- Experience of broad range of workforce disciplines including technical, engineering, scientific and/or professional
- Experience across a range of commercial sectors including sales and project driven environments
- Mediation experience as well as managing processes and practices in relation to Employment Tribunal claims would be useful
- Experience of working successfully with an outsourced payroll service provider.
Direct applicants only at this point please
If you think you are the person we are looking for, please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your current salary, your suitability for this role as well as confirming your nationality and your eligibility to work in the UK.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements – including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We recognize the value in an inclusive and diverse workforce and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified people.