Due to continued business growth, we are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic BID MANAGER to drive the bid process internally and to take full ownership from enquiry stage through to contract award.
Reporting to the Business Development Executive, the successful candidate must have a proven record of delivering multiple business proposals simultaneously within demanding constraints. They must be proactive, have a “hands-on” attitude and be able to communicate within different disciplines and levels across the organisation.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of a success story, working with international clients.
- Completion of Request For Information (RFI) or Request for Proposal (RFP) to the client.
- Lead and coordinate the preparation of bid packs and supporting information in line with the internal bid development process.
- Ensure all key stakeholders and informed and updated appropriately to ensure a smooth handover after contract award.
- Collaborate closely with commercial and technical experts to ensure proposals/or letter response are accurate and detailed.
- Ensure clients’ Statement Of Work (SOW) and RFP documents are fully addressed by ARA’s subject matter experts and incorporated in proposals through a compliance matrix. If full compliance is not feasible, provide ARA’s preferred position with a justification.
- Partner with project and resource managers in the preparation of a project schedule.
- Identify financial cost estimate risks and mitigate accordingly.
- Resolve technical, schedule and resource conflicts and ensure alignment with Heads of Department for ARA’s proposed offering via the bid development process and other routes as appropriate
- Maintain liaison with clients on proposal progress.
- Agree/negotiate the internal bid activity milestones and the proposal submission dates with clients. Lead all internal stage gate reviews.
- Assist with bid pricing to collate cost data, and present price suggestions in line with business goals and market conditions for recommendation and approval.
- Coordinate/support the contract negotiation.
- Support the Business Development team as required.
- Provide inputs to the bid templates in association with business development
Essential skills and capabilities:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Good working knowledge of pricing models.
- An appreciation of business contract terms & conditions and well as an understanding or risk management. An ability to interpret technical information.
- An effective communicator
- A strong command of written and spoken English
- Strong time management
- Financially literate and commercially astute
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
Desirable Skills and capabilities:
- Experience of aerospace and defence bidding processes
- Degree in a business, science, technology, engineering or mathematics subject
- Project management within a technical environment (aerodynamics will be an advantage)
Closing Date: Friday 22nd January 2021
Interviews will be held on: Tuesday 2nd February 2021
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to be part of a successful and professional team operating in a world-class facility.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com detailing your current salary, your suitability for this role as well as confirming your nationality and your eligibility to work in the UK.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements – including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We recognize the value in an inclusive and diverse workforce and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified people.