The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Support the monthly reporting cycle by producing preliminary Management Accounts, financial metrics, comparisons, trend analyses.
- Ownership of the preparation and submission of VAT, EC Sales and ONS returns.
- Ownership of fixed asset register.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist with IUK and EU Grant Claims administration.
- Post foreign exchange transactions, gains and losses.
- Provide cover for Revenue Recognition and Cashflow Forecasting.
- Business Partnering, participate in budget monitoring meetings and variance analysis.
- Assist with the annual budgeting process.
- Support year-end accounts audit.
- Ownership of the administration of company credit cards and petty cash monitoring.
- As part of the team maintain the department’s ability to deliver accurate and timely reports.
- Ad hoc tasks & reporting.
Essential Requirements and knowledge:
- Must have knowledge of accounting standards. This will have been gained through relevant work experience and by being either a professionally qualified accountant or by being in the latter stages of the qualification process, actively studying towards qualification.
- ERP systems knowledge, preferably SAP Business 1 would be an advantage.
- Experience in working in an SME financial environment.
- Strong Excel ability, including pivot tables.
- Strong team worker.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Experience with Spotfire would be an advantage.
- Able to self-manage and prioritise workloads.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements – including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to be part of a successful and professional team operating in a world-class facility.
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter giving your current salary/requirements and outlining your suitability for this role to:
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer