We are looking to recruit a Senior Software Engineer into our Aerodynamics Capability department to strengthen our software development team. The team develop codes, mostly in C++ or Python, to support the improvement and streamlining of scientific and engineering processes, including the development of meshing codes for Computational Fluid Dynamics and image processing codes for optical measurement systems.
The role includes interaction with users, in order to develop realistic specifications, the ability to put together, and follow, a development plan, and the leading of a small team to deliver tested and validated codes.
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- Experience as a software engineer in a scientific or technical environment, preferably using an object oriented language
- Demonstrable experience in planning and leading aspects of a software development project
- An understanding of the factors affecting software performance, and the ability to design, write and document code that is maintainable, extensible and efficient.
- A sound knowledge of good practices within software development. For example: version control, testing processes, coding standards.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with end users (internal and external) and colleagues
- In addition, any of the following attributes would be looked on favourably:
- Knowledge of mesh generation techniques and/or manipulation of complex 3D geometries.
- Knowledge and experience of techniques for computational image processing.
- Knowledge and experience of fluid dynamics and CFD
- Knowledge and experience of development using any of: QT, VTK, CGAL, PCL , OpenCV, OpenGL, MPI, CUDA, OpenCLKnowledge of any of Fortran, C, LabView and Matlab.
You will hold a good honours degree or equivalent in Mathematics, Computing, Engineering or Science.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements (including 5 years UK residency).
The above position offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to join a successful and ambitious company.
To apply for this role please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer.