We are looking to recruit an Electrical Technician who will be responsible for the maintenance and installation of all on site ARA electrical services and systems in accordance with current IEE (Low Voltage) and HS6626-2010 (High Voltage) Regulations. Reporting to the Electrical Services Manager you will lead an integrated team (and possibly a shift) with both electrical and mechanical biased engineers. You will also be expected to deputise for the Electrical Services Manager as and when required.
Maintenance and installation will necessitate an Electrical Technician to proactively be involved in design (including aspects such as circuit system layout and cable electrical rating definition), planning (optimum task management), fault analysis and diagnosis (Fault Tree Analysis), installation (including leading other individuals or a team) and, commissioning and test.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading planned preventative maintenance of ARA plant, site/infrastructure (Commercial) supply and mechanical workshop machinery.
- Lead repair of plant and equipment in the event of failure.
- Undertake fixed electrical installation testing and authorisations.
- Carry out and lead maintenance and installation of High Voltage electrical infrastructure – 11kV and 3.3Kv supplies.
- As an appointed Senior Authorised Person, switch and test of High Voltage electrical systems in support of Transonic Wind Tunnel (TWT) operations and authorisation of associated documentation – 11kV and 3.3kV supplies.
- Prepare, maintain, authorise and issue documentation as required in support of any one of the above described responsibilities.
Qualifications and Experience
- NVQ Level 3 in Electrical Installation or Engineering related subject(s)
- HNC (or Equivalent) in Electrical Engineering
- 17th Edition (Amendment 3) Regulation Accreditation
- Ability to receive, communicate and/or implement clear instructions
- Ability to Work at Height
- Ability to work in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 – without incurring undue risk to yourself, colleagues and/or subordinates in the execution of day to day duties
- City and Guilds Craft (2382 or equivalent).
- City and Guilds accredited High Voltage Authorised Persons course
- Electrical Installation Testing (City and Guilds 2394 and 2395 or equivalent).
- City and Guilds accredited High Voltage Senior Authorised Persons course
- Portable Appliance (City and Guilds 2377 or equivalent) Accredited Training
The successful candidate must satisfy ARA’s security clearance requirements.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to be part of a successful and professional team operating in a world-class facility. In return, we offer a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply for the above position please send a covering letter with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer