Engineering Document Controller
Aircraft Research Association (ARA) is a unique SME and the UK’s leading independent transonic wind tunnel with a passionate workforce of engineering and aerodynamic professionals. We are a leading specialist in aerodynamic research providing complementary services and solutions to international aerospace and defence clients. Our clients include Saab, Bombardier, Boeing, Turkish Aerospace, Lockheed Martin, Airbus, Comac and BAE Systems.
Typical projects include producing scaled-down military and civilian aircraft models, comprising multiple parts, which are assembled together and used as highly accurate forces/pressures measuring devices within the on-site high-speed (transonic) wind tunnel.
We are seeking to recruit a Document Controller to join our Engineering and Infrastructure team to be responsible to be responsible for developing and maintaining processes for the collation, cataloguing, upkeep and retrieval of Engineering Department information in a variety of forms and from a variety of sources.
To support the Engineering and Infrastructure team with the implementation, delivery and maintenance of document management databases. The role may expand to include supporting other functions as systems become more established.
This is a full time position, working Monday to Friday
To be considered for this role, candidates will have had previous experience in a similar role in establishing and maintaining a document management database covering all Engineering and Infrastructure technical documentation including; digitalizing hard copy legacy documentation and identifying requirements for and managing subcontractor services in support of this.
Salary range: £30,000 to £40,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Typical hours: Monday to Friday, 38 hours per week (other working patterns will be considered)
- Establish and maintain a document management database covering all Engineering and Infrastructure technical documentation, including digitalizing hard copy legacy documentation, including identifying requirements for and managing subcontractor services in support of this
- In collaboration with other members of the Engineering and Infrastructure team, establish a user-friendly and versatile document referencing system that can be extended to include other information as and when required
- Support the Engineering and Infrastructure team with document management, approval, and version control processes, ensuring all documents meet required standards
- Work in collaboration with the Compliance team to ensure that the Engineering document control system meets the requirements of the company Quality Management System
- Carry out general administrative and other duties including a document retrieval service
- Create an historical archive for original documentation relating to the site
- Observe the company health and safety procedures
- Other similar tasks as may be requested by management
- Computer literate – familiar with the Microsoft suite of applications, including Sharepoint would be desirable.
- Experience of developing and maintaining document control systems within a quality management system in an engineering company.
- Experience of developing and implementing changes to processes in a technical environment would be an advantage.
- A basic understanding of engineering disciplines such as electronics, mechanical and aerodynamics, and associated documentation, would be an advantage.
- The creativity to envisage and successfully deploy a digital solution.
This is an exciting permanent opportunity for the right person to be part of a successful and established organisation, operating in an excellent facility. In return, we offer a range of benefits including: a competitive salary and pension scheme, free parking, employee assistance programme, private health insurance and 26 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays (increasing with length of service after 5 years’ service)
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements – including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We recognise the value in an inclusive and diverse workforce and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified people.
If you think you are the person we are looking for, please complete the form below.