We are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Inspector completing inspection work using the Coordinate Measurement Machines (CMM) and Leica Optical Scanner. Responsibilities include completing component, sub-assembly and assembly inspections to defined tolerances, reporting results and briefing Customers regarding inspection results during model buy-offs.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
• Responsible for carrying out the inspection of models (assemblies, sub-assemblies and individual components) in accordance with the specification given in the route cards, service requests or supervisory instructions.
• Conduct Optical Tracking inspections, snapping scans to models and reporting using 3D Scanner software.
• Assist with the scheduling of inspection work to meet agreed project resource plans, with regular communication of schedules to the Model Manufacturing Centre (MMC) Team Leader and other Section Leaders.
• Raise Concession Reports for submission and approval to Customers.
• Monitor the progress and conduct training, as appropriate, of newly inducted or trainee members of the section.
• Lead the technical development of the inspection capability including the inspection aspects of customer proposals.
• Actively seek opportunities for Continuous Improvement of inspection procedures.
• Maintain an inspection log.
Essential skills and qualifications:
• HNC in Mechanical Engineering or similar qualification
• 4 – 6 years’ experience using hand held metrology instruments, precision CMM and Optical Scanning Systems.
• Technical experience with optical tracking and 3DScanner software and methodology.
• Experience in programming CMM using PCDMIS software (ideally including 2018 version)
• Able to analyze CAD, manipulate datum’s and alignments for part inspection.
• Able to produce and analyze inspection results of model assemblies to determine any errors and recommend viable solutions in order to meet customers’ requirements.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office applications such as Word and Excel, in order to plan/schedule project inspections and create reports using ARA templates.
• Used to explaining and delivering inspection results to internal stakeholders (typically Project Managers, MMC staff and Test Engineers) and Customers during buy-offs.
In addition the successful candidate must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
• A team player, confident and capable of mentoring and coaching less experienced staff.
• Flexible and positive attitude, willing to go the extra mile to ensure that project schedules are met or exceeded
• Attention to detail, in terms of quality of work produced and adherence to project schedules
• Drive and commitment to improve own skills, and be receptive to new ideas and ways of working
• Can-do attitude to overcoming technical problems as soon as they arise.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
This is a unique opportunity for the right person to become part of a successful and professional team operating in a world-class facility.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer