ARA is a unique SME with a passionate workforce of engineering and aerodynamic professionals that together deliver customer projects globally.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager who can support the successful delivery of projects and associated business activities in close cooperation with the Senior Project Managers and Project Technical Managers.
The ideal candidate will have a record of delivering technical projects simultaneously within a demanding technical environment – preferably with a research and development aspect. They must have a positive attitude and strong communication skills to be able to establish successful working relationships with customers, colleagues and suppliers.
The role will be maternity cover for 12 months.
- Support the preparation of a bid pack and supporting documentation pricing estimate(s) and risk and opportunity register(s)
- Organise the preparation of the commercial and technical proposals with support from technical experts – ensuring that key assumptions and risks are made clear and that ARA’s commercial interests are protected
- Work with resource managers to prepare a project schedule which is compliant with ARA’s available resource capacity (including subcontractors)
Ensure key assumptions and risks are identified and managed effectively (including pricing implications), supported by technical experts as required
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree qualified (ideally in a STEM subject) or equivalent hands on experience in a project management role. An engineering environment would be desirable
- Good knowledge and experience of project and change management principles, methodologies and tools and when/how best to apply them
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A proven track record of successful project delivery
- Ability to understand technical information in unfamiliar disciplines with guidance from technical experts
- Experience with SAP is desirable
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to be part of a successful and professional team operating in a world-class facility.