Due to continued business growth, we are looking to recruit an ambitious and motivated Mechanical Services Fitter to work as part of a determined and professional team, carrying out planned and reactive essential maintenance. The ideal candidate will be a team player, confident individual with a positive and loyal attitude.
As a mechanical services fitter your main responsibilities will include:
- Carry out inspections, maintenance and repairs of the equipment involved with tunnel testing and mechanical services (planned maintenance).
- Be responsible for the repair of plant and equipment breakdown including fault finding in accordance with supervisory instructions (reactive maintenance).
- To control and monitor the 11000 volt main Transonic Fan Motor and the Sulzer Axial Compressor and Motor, and record meter readings as appropriate.
- Be responsible for the installation of new plant and equipment in accordance with supervisory instructions.
- Preparation of risk assessments and method statements and work to make sure Health & Safety Regulations are adhered to.
Needs to be:
- A fully skilled mechanical fitter with a time served mechanical apprenticeship.
- Self-motivated and keen to develop engineering skills to full potential.
- Flexible and positive attitude, willing to go the extra mile to ensure deadlines are met.
- High attention to detail.
- Drive and commitment to improve own skills, and be receptive to new ideas and ways of working.
- Can-do attitude to overcoming technical problems as soon as they arise.
Hours of work are 40 hours per week.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements – including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to be part of a successful and established team operating in a world-class facility. In return, we offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter giving your current salary/requirements and outlining your suitability for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer