Due to continued business growth, we are looking to recruit an ambitious and motivated Mechanical Fitter to work as part of a determined and professional team. The mechanical fitter’s role main responsibility is to undertake tasks associated with running the Transonic Wind Tunnel and related equipment as well as the development, installation and modification of the facility and equipment. We are looking for someone who is a team player, confident individual and has a positive and loyal attitude.
- Carry out inspections, maintenance and repairs of the equipment involved with tunnel testing and mechanical services (planned maintenance).
- Be responsible for the repair of plant and equipment breakdown including fault finding in accordance with supervisory instructions (reactive maintenance).
- To control and monitor high power and high value plant equipment and record meter readings as appropriate.
- Be responsible for the installation of new plant and equipment in accordance with supervisory instructions and share ideas on design and implementation improvements where appropriate.
- Contribute to the preparation of risk assessments and method statements and work to make sure Health & Safety Regulations are adhered to.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- A time served, fully skilled mechanical fitter with a time served mechanical apprenticeship and/or significant demonstrated experience.
- Self-motivated and keen to develop engineering skills to full potential.
- Flexible and positive attitude, willing to go the extra mile to ensure deadlines are met.
- High attention to detail.
- Drive and commitment to improve own skills, and be receptive to new ideas and ways of working.
- Can-do attitude to overcoming technical problems as soon as they arise.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements – including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to be part of a successful and professional team operating in a world-class facility.
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter giving your current salary/requirements and outlining your suitability for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer