We are seeking to fill this newly created role to support our commercial activity working with ARA’s worldwide customer base. Its key purpose is to ensure compliance with all export / import procedures and security aspects of contracting with international aerospace & defence clients (and sub-contractors if appropriate). This includes managing the import and export of hardware items and aspects of UK Government export licensing. In addition the Commercial manager will provide input and guidance to the business development and general management team on business / legal terms and conditions – supporting negotiations with customers (and suppliers / partners if necessary).
The successful candidate must have demonstrable knowledge and experience of international contracts, preferably within Aerospace & Defence markets and the detailed bidding and contracting process (including the management of supporting paperwork). Ideally should have good recent knowledge of security aspects required in defence related work.
This is an opportunity to be an important part of a cross functional energetic team in a project driven environment.
Main duties will include:-
- Managing export license applications, import / export controls and reporting (including ITAR), and paperwork behind the commercial bid management process. - liaising with customers, suppliers and shippers.
- Act as a bridge in understanding the security implications of delivering specific contracts on site.
- Active participation in internal bid reviews, Contract Status Review (CSR) meetings, lead contract acceptance meetings etc, prepare necessary paperwork as required
- Provide input and guidance to the business development and general management team on business / legal terms and conditions.
- Supporting negotiations with customers (suppliers & partners if necessary). Manage client contract documents and reviewing/updating standard T’s & C’s and NDA’s.
- Acting independently as the company’s subject matter expert influencing all stakeholders and dealing with external organizations such as HMRC relating to import / export and managing associated audits.
Skills and experience required:-
- Graduate calibre and full/part qualified (in a relevant professional discipline) and have directly relevant experience, ideally in Aerospace & Defence.
- Familiar with import / export regulations, ideally ITAR standards and import tariffs / duty. Prepared to continue learning and keep knowledge up to date.
- Knowledge of security aspects required in defence contracts.
- Must be prepared to undertake occasional business travel to international clients as part of a bid negotiation team
- Experience of bidding and contracting process and management of supporting paperwork.
- A negotiator and influencer with a strong commercial outlook and a keen eye for detail.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements - including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to be part of a successful and professional team operating in a world-class facility.
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter giving your current salary/requirements and outlining your suitability for this role to:
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer