ARA is a unique SME with a passionate workforce of engineering and aerodynamic professionals, together with the functions that support them to deliver customer projects on the world stage.
As part of the Engineering Services team, the role reports to the Engineering Services Manager (ESM), supporting him in the development of the teams’ use of their Computer based Maintenance Management System.
The key purpose of the role will be to support the ESM and work with the Engineering Services team (Electricians & Mechanical Fitters) to deliver the administration, development & scheduling of preventative maintenance activities for the test facility and associated plant.
- Subject matter expert (SME) on the CMMS (Computer-based Maintenance Management System)
- Addition, modification, development and review of planned technical maintenance tasks within the CMMS for all onsite assets using one's own technical engineering expertise, manufacturers’ information and/or in house knowledge.
- Compliance with Health and Safety and Environmental procedures and provide appropriate input into the preparation of risk assessments and method statements.
- Compliance with Site Security procedures.
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- Engineering background - Apprenticeship and/or significant demonstrated experience. Need to have appreciation for mechanical and electrical systems and be able to ask the right questions or use source materials to find the pertinent information and write PPM’s.
- 3+ years' technical developing maintenance tasks within a CMMS (ideally Frontline or Shire System but similar would be an advantage)
- Experience of industrial plant equipment E.g. Transformers,motors, switchgear, valves, compressors, pumps.
- Excellent I.T skills and proficient in the use of modern technology.
- Excellent planning & communication skills.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to be part of a successful and professional team operating in a world-class facility.
If you are interested in applying please send your CV with a covering letter giving your current salary/requirements and outlining your suitability for this role to email@example.com.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements – including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer