We are seeking to recruit an AERODYNAMICS ENGINEER in our Aerodynamics department. Reporting to the Team Leader in Aerodynamics, the successful candidate will be expected to technically lead a wide variety of wind-tunnel and other experimental projects from inception to completion through all the stages of preparation, testing, aerodynamic analysis and reporting.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide technical leadership and/or support to the Project Team, working closely with the Project Manager.
- Deliver projects to the satisfaction of the customer to the required quality standards, supporting the Project Manager to deliver within time and cost constraints
- Deal with client requests as appropriate, prepare technical bids and oversee mechanical, computing and programme requirements for wind tunnel and other forms of tests on various model types.
- Take responsibility for data quality and timely provision of results and/or reports to a global client base.
- Be proactive in the on-going development of innovative processes and capability at ARA.
- MEng/BEng or equivalent in a scientific discipline
- Experience in wind tunnel testing is desirable
- Basic knowledge of Aerodynamics
- Ability and experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
- Ability to see projects through to completion.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements – including the last 5 years continual UK residency. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to be part of a successful and professional team operating in a world-class facility.
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter giving your current salary/requirements and outlining your suitability for this role to:
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer