ARA is a unique SME with a passionate workforce of engineering and aerodynamic professionals. We are a leading specialist in aerodynamic research providing complementary services and solutions to international aerospace and defence clients. Our clients include Saab, Bombardier, Boeing, Turkish Aerospace, Lockheed Martin, Airbus, Comac and BAE Systems.
We have an opportunity to recruit a motivated 1st Line Systems Support Engineer who is a good team player and who thrives under pressure.
We are looking for candidates with a broad knowledge of IT and who are proven problem solvers and have excellent customer service skills. They will work alongside a determined and professional team providing 1st line IT support across the business and ensuring queries are dealt with proactively and effectively.
- Provide exceptional Service support to the business
- Troubleshoot desktop and system problems, diagnose and solve hardware/software Incidents/problems
- Responsible for resolving incidents/service requests when first contacted whenever possible and keeping users informed of the progress. Provide solution(s)/work around(s) to incidents and Problems
- Install, maintain and support new applications.
- Administration, development and support of telephone system server.
- Installation and maintenance of network and local software applications.
- Resolving network issues.
- Building and configuration of workstations and laptops
- Administration of remote users
- Data backup and restore.
- Ensuring all Microsoft patches are applied according to ARA procedures.
- Monitoring of firewalls server applications
- Administration of Windows Servers & Linux Servers
- Documenting resolutions providing user documentation, contribute to polices, processes and procedures
- Supporting service deployment activities by providing systems support and participating in the design and development of new services.
- Designing and performing tests for the functionality, performance and manageability of IT services to support service transition activities.
- Ensuring ARA IT process and procedures are applied.
- Ensuring that all system and operating documentation and knowledge is up to date and properly utilised.
- Comply with the Health and Safety procedures and standards.
- Carry out any other duties which may be required in order to facilitate the efficient and effective running of the department as requested by the IT Manager.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven experience within a busy IT Service Desk role
- Minimum two years’ working experience
- HND or equivalent in IT /Computing
- Awareness of IT Security
- Microsoft desktop and applications support
- Able to work under little supervision / confident to raise issues and possible solutions if required
- Microsoft servers and application support
Desirable skills and Qualifications:
- Microsoft certification
- Linux experience
- ITIL foundation
- Strong understanding of networking
- Worked in IT security sectors
If you think you are the person we are looking for, please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your current salary, your suitability for this role as well as confirming your nationality and your eligibility to work in the UK.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements – including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We recognize the value in an inclusive and diverse workforce and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified people.