We are looking to recruit an IT Manager to advise business managers on IT solutions and technology to help the business grow and perform more efficiently. To oversee IT projects from design, development through to completion.Being a hands on manager, you will lead a small IT team (covering everything from desktop support, break-fix, software and hardware installations, through to server-based work) and be responsible for ensuring their skills are developed and improved to ensure they contribute to business success.
- Technical Excellence
- Provide the business with a robust and safe IT environment
- Provide the necessary expertise to coach others and comply with UK Government Cyber Essentials
- Take ownership of the agreed IT Improvement Plan
- Continually look for efficiencies in the way the business utilises IT resources
- Project Management
- Agreeing costs, timescales and standards to be met and monitoring these throughout the project
- Adjusting the plans where needed
- Making sure there is a smooth change over from the old system to the new one
- Keeping internal customers updated on progress
- Evaluation of each project stage and once completed
- Provide guidance, coaching and direction for the IT Team
- Continually review the IT teams skills and abilities to support the business
- Provide Business Managers with a focal point to discuss and agree improvements to IT tools and systems
- Prepare the annual IT Budget for Executive approval and manage agreed expenditure
- Keep oneself informed with external developments in IT
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong leadership and decision making skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience of High Performance Computing and associated requirements
- Good prioritisation skills and be flexible enough to adapt plans
- Excellent IT Security skills
- Ability to explain complex systems in simple terms
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints
- Excellent understanding of Linux and Windows environments
- Experience of implementing safe (cyber security) and cost effective data storage solutions
- Business Acumen
Qualifications and Experience
Degree calibre with evidenced experience of managing people and technical solutions. A disciplined Project Manager backed up with a recognised formal training or education (e.g. Prince 2). Experience of managing internal customer expectations, balancing departmental needs and overall business needs.
The successful candidate must satisfy ARA’s security clearance requirements.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to be part of a successful and professional team operating in a world-class facility.
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply for the above position please send a covering letter with your CV to email@example.com.
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer.