We are looking to recruit an Inspector to work as part of a small team, completing inspection work to time and budget within the job requirements and to company standards, using the CMM and Leica Optical Scanner. Responsibilities include completing component, sub-assembly and assembly inspections to defined tolerances, reporting results and briefing customers regarding inspection results during model buy-offs.
The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out the inspection of wind tunnel models (assemblies, sub-assemblies and individual components) in accordance with the specification given in the route cards, service requests or supervisory instructions.
They will assist with the scheduling of inspection work to meet agreed project resource plans, with regular communication of schedules to the Model Manufacturing Centre (MMC) Team Leader and other Section Leaders.
They will also monitor schedule adherence and raise any resourcing concerns. When required they will, on advice from their Line Manager raise concession reports for submission and approval to Customers.
Monitor the progress and conduct training, as appropriate, of newly inducted or trainee members of the section.
Actively seek opportunities for Continuous Improvement of inspection procedures.
Essential requirements and knowledge
- Demonstrable experience of completing inspections using precision CMM machines.
- The ability to programme CMM from Engineering production drawings using PCDMIS software.
- The ability to produce fast, accurate and reliable inspection reports.
- Confident in the use of MS Office applications.
- High grade programming skills
- Wider engineering drawing experience in 3D.
- Organised with strong communication skills
- Experienced in delivering Continuous Improvement initiatives
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements.
The position offers a competitive salary, shift and overtime premiums where appropriate, plus a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to join a successful and ambitious company.
To apply for this role please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer